Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

End of the decade...and what a decade it was!

Politcal disasters, military disasters, natural disasters, economic disasters....It there is one thing you will remember from the first decade of the 21st Century, it was seeing the flag at half mast almost every week...

Nonetheless, in spite of it all, or maybe to spite it all, we had some fun. Babies were born, people got married, things were invented and believe it or not, some good did come out of all this even if you have to look deep.

I had fun this decade between terrorist threats and economic collapse. I managed to get on the radio in 1998 and though I have been through several stations, I still get to yack to a few thousand people about football and hockey.

My Steelers won two Super Bowls (XL and XLIII) and the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup in this year after nearly pulling it off in 2008.

I finally wrote HeavenSteel and Aries Marching will come out in January (I promise!!!) I think I will post the cover tomorrow...

My life has taken an upward swing since I left that dump of a radio station I was at in early 2008. I got married, finished writing my second book, went to graduate school (all A's so far...), and got back down to my free safety playing weight of 190. I was 189 this morning.

And I can still benchpress 225 pounds...

I hope each and every one of you has a great 2010. I wish you nothing but health and happiness and I know you will conquer whatever this year tosses at you.

Have a Happy New Year and pay attention to the don't drink and drive homes.

If you're going to get snockered, do it at home and watch out for the table on the way down!

4 comments:

  1. Here is what motivates us Albanians: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/greece/TP9EC6CMO62G3LVNV

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post pictures of the nude beaches in Greece! Greece is a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful country. The only problem is that the people at the nude beaches are usually people who should not be there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been to Greece. Nice people, great food! Now, where are these nude beaches again? Do you have directions? ;-)

    ReplyDelete