Friday, May 4, 2012

I now have a Master's Degree

Today, I received my Master's Degree in History from East Carolina University!

It did not seem like three years but this day finally arrived.  It did not seem like three years (calenders don't lie...) because I enjoyed every moment of it. My only regret is that I live about two hours in every direction from anything interesting...Two hours from ECU, two hours from the beach, two hours from Charlotte and the mountains, etc... It would have been nice to hang out some more with my classmates but sometimes you have to play the cards you are dealt with.  I made a 4.0, so I must have played them well.

The next step is the PhD but that will come in August 2013.  I have to brush up on Latin and learn Ancient Greek, which is nothing like the modern language.  I have no idea where I will go for the PhD but I will worry about that tomorrow...tonight I am celebrating. 

I have been studying Latin since the thesis defense on April 2 and I will get to Ancient Greek in a couple of weeks so the PhD quest is all ready underway.....all I can say is "Tomorrow began yesterday..."

No comments:

Post a Comment