Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Are people driving better?

There is something odd going on that I have noticed over the last six months or so.  Maybe even a year now.  I have had to think about it and I have arrived to one conclusion: people are driving better.

Not good, but better.

I see more people driving the speed limit.  I see more people letting others into lanes.  I see more waves (all five fingers).

What impresses me the most is what I have seen on the highway when a lot of people are trying to get on the may throughfare. Everyone lets one person it and you have the "zipper effect". 

I used to talk about that on the air in back in 1999, so it looks like it is finally sinking in.

Good job, America!

I don't know what has brought this on, but give credit where credit is due.

Let's use this new found politeness in other parts of everyday interactions and make the world a better place.  You cannot clean up the whole world but you can clean a corner.  If enough people do that, we just might clean up the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment