Saturday, December 31, 2016

At the edge of 2017

The year 2016 was a fun year!

In January I started my dream job as a college history professor and it has been fun every step of the way.  In June, my Penguins won the Stanley Cup and Michelle and I went to Fort Sumter--something had always wanted to do.  It was also the first trip I ever enjoyed to South Carolina!  Then it was off to Gettysburg, which is never boring!

Then came a thing that everyone said could never happen--Britain leaving the European Union.  The alleged "experts" got it wrong (and would drop the ball even worst later...) while I got it right.

Then came the worst day of my life in August when my beloved furry friend Sprinkles died. It was better that she died at home among friends than in the vets office.  At least it was quick when it happened and we got to spend time together before the end.  We buried here in the back yard and visit the site every day.

The school year began anew and I had a great time with US History and World Civ to 1700, lining students like hoplites and German armies invading Russia.

NC was hit with a major hurricane in October and thankfully, we missed most of it.  The school calendar was mixed up but we adjusted on the fly and made our objectives with style grace and panache.

Then November saw a shocker of an election and the defeat of the supposedly invincible and corrupt elite.

December has rolled by and it has hurtled toward 2017.

I am not one for living in the past, and as much fun as 2016 was, it is  on to 2017 we charge, to make it bigger and better, achieve more and have fun with it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment