Saturday, February 10, 2018

Maybe just as well....

A lot of times, things don't work out and strangely enough, it turns out for the better.

I always thought the best example was not getting the noontime shift at that idiot radio station I once worked for.  I never realized how toxic the atmosphere was there and it naturally led to its collapse.

No one misses those idiots.

Back in 1997-1998, I tried out for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League and on the second try, I made it into the preseason.  I have always been a huge football fan but lately after seeing all of the news on brain injuries and CTE, maybe it was a good thing I did not play football for more than a game.

I often wondered how far I could have gone had I played in college and perhaps gotten drafted.  I look at what we have learned about CTE and suddenly I am glad I did not take that path.

It is not by any stretch of the imagination sour grapes. It was a great experience, however brief, in the CFL.  It was a great adventure. Not many have done that.

I can see why.

If you play football, please be careful.  All it takes is one hit to change your life in the worst way possible.

I have fun in Canada and although I did not get to hoist the Grey Cup or Lombardi trophy, I am in a good place with the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment