Sunday, March 1, 2020

XFL 2.0

The XFL relaunched and this version is a different animal from the "outlaw biker league" from 2001.  This version appears to be running with the "quirky spring league" approach. So far, it is pretty interesting.

I did not like the kickoff rule when it was first explained, but after seeing it in action, I think it could work even in the NFL. and we can avoid some CTE injuries.

I like the fact that the league put a team in St' Louis, which watched the Rams leave after their demand for a new stadium was rejected by a city that was bankrupt.  The XFL Battlehawks seem to love the old stadium.

I hope this league lasts.  I think it is great to have an alternative Spring football league so that some people can try to get to the NFL or CFL and even if they do not, they get to play pro football at some level.

I like the Tampa Vipers' horrifying green uniforms.  Naturally they are 0-3 but that elusive first win is around the corner!

No threat to my Pittsburgh Steeler loyalties :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment