Sunday, December 19, 2021

Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur!

 

The Nazis apparently seem to have returned to Europe and there seems to be a chapter here in the US.  You see enough of that, so let's talk about something else.  It does not matter what the "public health" dictators say, I am still ignoring them.

I had a debate with another patron (no mask either...) over Dimetrodon.  He said it was a meat eating dinosaur.  I corrected him, telling my new friend that it was indeed a carnivore, but it was not a dinosaur.  It was a synapsid and closer to mammals than dinosaurs.  After he looked it up on his phone, he agreed and offered to by me some cookies.

I took an apple instead.

Lots of what we do know is usually speculative.  Nonetheless, we have complete skeletons of this animal and the two things you notice are the sail and the teeth!

My friend said Dimetrodon was the state fossil of Texas, where he was from.

And he was a Cowboy fan.

What did you expect? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment