Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy Friday the 13th

I don't know why Friday the 13th has such a bad reputation but after hearing some idiot blasting Britney Spears from his radio at 4:30 am, I think there might be something to it after all....LOL

The heat and humidity is starting to make themselves known and even though I live in a forest with a lot of shade, the grass still grows out of control! There must be a large septic tank around here someplace....might explain why the White House has such a green lawn.

Think about it.

I am getting ready to move on the thesis--"Changes in Greek Combat in the Fourth Century, BC"--wait for the movie...LOL

I have a pretty good outline and a good plan of attack and I am hoping to get it wrapped up by September 12, the anniversary of Marathon. Anniversary # 2501 if Phillip August Bockh's calender calculations are correct. I will try to avoid the day before that, of course...

The Fourth Century, 399BC-300 BC, is often neglected. The Fifth of course features the Persian Wars and Peloponnesian War but Hellas was not at piece after the surrender of Athens in 404 BC. The Greeks were just taking a break before resuming hostilities. Eight years after calling for the destruction of Athens, Thebes and Corinth were joining forces with their old enemy in Attica against their old ally Sparta and the whole thing started over again.

Alexander pops up the back end of the century so I am trying to shed a little light on a part of history that does not get a lot of attention.

Yes, I am going to turn it into another book!

And Book Three, following up Ares Marching, I will get to after the thesis.

I am not bored!

Just as well, it keeps me off the streets :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment