Thursday, August 4, 2011

HOT!


Pic from 1414 Celsius.com

The Sun has clearly declared war on us!

It is not unusual for the Summer to feature 100 days in NC but I don't ever remember Mother Nature stringing several of them together like this. It must be payback for global warming....

Factoring in the blizzard back in January, I can say the temps for 2011 have ranged from 0-100.....more like 105 but like I have said about -40 windchills in Canada, "does it really matter?" No, we just get another day just like the one before. ("We jist get anada day like da won before"....Michelle just did a Haas impression....Western PA accent in NC never fails to attract attention...LOL)

It was 95 last night at 11pm when I went out for a night run...so much for avoiding the heat. Nonetheless, all the sweat gives you a sense of accomplishment...so don't ruin it with ice cream immediately afterwards, declaring, "I've earned it." Besides, you are better off water.....a lot of water!

I remember once long ago and far away, (1994..LOL), I came back from the store on a hot night,smelling like fish and eschewing the shower, I just dove into my parents' pool...LOL

Now, with my own house and wife and no pool, I have to use the shower after all....so I run at night since I stink anyway....logic is a wonderful thing invented by the Ancient Greeks, I might add..

Speaking of Ancient Greeks, the thesis moves along an inch at at time but we are getting there. It is gratifying to read conclusions I arrived at on my own while researching so at least I am doing something right.

I need to mow the lawn but that is not something I want to do in triple digit heat. On the other hand, if anyone wants to play a game of football, I'll be the first one out there....

...some things don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment