Thursday, October 8, 2015

Visting from Pittsburgh!

Over the weekend, my cousins from Pittsburgh came south to visit...of course they picked to arrive in the middle of a quasi-hurricane and at a time when we haven't seen the sun in a couple of weeks.  They could have gotten that in Pittsburgh!

It is always amazing to see people who knew you as a kid.  Sometimes I wonder if they realize I am adult  (chronologically anyway!), but on the other hand, I still like dinosaurs.  And I still am a fanatical Steeler nut.

So are they :-)

They finally got to meet Michelle and they love her and may have attempted to kidnap her so they could bring her back to Pittsburgh.  I, of course, would have followed.

The question is whether we would have ever come back!

Back when I was an ugly, little kid, the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team was a World Series contender.  Since then, they have been cellar dwellers.  Now, predictably enough, they have made the playoffs for three straight years (cue Jesus Jones, "Waking Up From History"...)

Now they need to start winning!

And now hockey season kicks off today!

Go Penguins! Go Pirates! Go Steelers! Go Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment