Thursday, October 5, 2017

Hockey season begins!

Granted, my Penguins are off to a bad start, 0-2 including a 10-1 (!!!) blowout at the hands of Chicago, but I am still happy hockey season has started!

The first week in October--just like the Supreme Court--marks the beginning of a new season!

Pittsburgh is looking for a three-peat though the start is not all that promising....Remember, it's not how you start, but how you finish.


I still remember the first hockey game I ever saw.  It was Pittsburgh and Toronto and they battled to a 1-1 tie. I am so glad they got rid of ties!  I like the OT format and World Cup-style shootout if all else fails.

It is kind of odd to see teams in the South or desert Southwest, but if you like hockey, why should location be a problem?  In fact, Carolina and Dallas are former Cup winners and even though Atlanta was a bust twice, LA and Anaheim have stepped up to the plate and even though Nashville lost to my Penguins, they fought hard and nothing to be ashamed of.

The Las Vegas team is going to be interesting.  Not sure how that is going to work....

Step one: DROP THE PUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment