Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Happy Megalodon Day!

 

Today, we celebrate the mighty Megalodon today, honoring the greatest shark ever to swim the sea!  Between 40-60 feet long, Megalodon patrolled the seas from 23 million years ago to 2.5 mya, eating whatever it wanted.

This shark hunted whales with teeth nearly 7 inches long!  I have a couple that I found on fossil hunting expeditions and I cannot helped but be impressed. I don't think they went extinct, I think they just downsized to the Great White. The teeth seem almost similar and many believe the Megalodon even looked like a larger Great White.

I do wonder about the Black Demon of the Sea of Cortes though.

Since life will continue for another couple of billion years, so maybe the Great White bulks back up to Megalodon size!

Definitely stay out of the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment