Monday, August 10, 2009

Sotomayor and Health Care


The headlines in the local fishwrapper (Yinzer for "Newspaper") screamed "ANOTHER BARRIER FALLS!" the day Sonia Sotomayor was sworn into the Supreme Court. I found that ironic considering the barriers she tried to throw up in front of some firefighters from New Haven, CT based on their skin color. I don't care about your skin color or ethnicity. Can you do the job? I do not know where this Nazi-like obsession with race came from with the newspapers or media but it might help their pathetic circulation numbers if they dropped it. I would be happier to have Judge Joe Brown on the Supreme Court rather than this toady, obnoxious woman who sees everything through racial lenses. No wonder she's divorced. Judge Joe Brown takes no crap from anyone. Washington could use him.
I could not help but hear the whining from the usual Republican suspects. First they call Sotomayor a racist but fail to stick with the criticism. As usual, they say one thing but always fail to stand their ground. They complain about illegal immigration, record budget deficits, unemployment, recession...but somehow fail to remember this also happened with Bush in the White House. No wonder they lost as badly as they did in 2008. How is that for non partisan, equal oppourtunity bashing?:-)
Health care in this country desperately needs to be reformed but is Obamacare the answer? Anything that threatens people with fines if they do not enroll obviously has something wrong with it. My advice to BO (assuming he is listening...) is start over. The people clearly do not want it and they see it is not the solution.
At the moment our health care system is a corrupt parasite that sucks sick people dry and literally leaves them to die. I have heard so many horror stories about people who pay their premiums on time for years and years only to be left hanging as their company refuses coverage. I have also SEEN this happen but no need to get into that now. I am in a bad enough mood thinking about it.
I hope the insurance companies get it between the eyes with both barrells. If you are looking for terrorists, those people fit the bill. Unfortunately, so, increasingly, does our own government...regardless of what party is running the show.
Replacing corrupt bloodsucking corporate run health care with Soviet-style command care is not the answer. It is simply the worst of both worlds.
The solution: Gives us the very same plan Congress has. I remember Candidate Obama saying he wanted to give the American people the same plan members of Congress has. How much do you want to bet you never hear that sound bite...
Sorry about sounding so angry but I really hate corruption.
End on a high note: Weather is great! Michelle and I (mostly Michelle...LOL) are working on the cover for Aries Marching along with the maps and I will be diligently beginning Aries Unleashed tonight. Right now, I have to take Michelle to Moe's LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment