Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Bahamas

Michelle and I returned from Nassau Sunday night. Very hot and very sunny and the waves were incredibly violent! LOL I was not only almost knocked down by a wave at the water's edge but had sea shell fragments in my hair and eyes!

We went on the ship Carnival Sensations and it was quite the experience! I ate a lot but played a lot of fantasy golf too! I loved the hot chocolate the best....

The first night after leaving Port Canaveral, we sailed through the waves in the wake of Hurricaine, I forgot the name. It was at that point I realized why the tickets were so cheap...I ate way to much and felt quesy. It was not sea sickness! >:-) I did see some people vomit over the side so I have the feeling the cleaning staff earned their salaries on this trip! The crew was incredibly friendly and it seemed a genuine sort of friendliness. I also noted my wallet was not missing :-)!

I am not a "water person" but I did enjoy splashing about in the pool and hot tub with Michelle. Going to Nassau is also the furthest south I have ever been. Somehow I did not get sunburned...must be my Mediterranean complexion...LOL.

We came back on Sunday night and yes, I went for a run...a good sweaty run! :-) After all, I had a lot of cake and hot chocolate to work off!

No comments:

Post a Comment